Vid Pick: Jon Hope - Plaids & Polka Dots


Every year I discover one great hip-hop artist that gets me excited about the genre again. I know some may say one is the loneliest number, but in my case I consider the act of discovery much like a gold miner hitting it big. The miner has to sift through a heck of a lot of sand before he finds the beautiful piece of gold he desires, and I have to listen to a heck of a lot of music before I discover the artist I want to tell the world about. In 2015 that artist, that nugget a gold in a sand filled genre, is Jon Hope.

Jon Hope's latest is "Plaids & Polka Dots," featuring Buffi. The song, which is off of Hope's A Guy Named Harry LP, beings with Buffi informing us, "Sex without love is just exercise," setting the tone for a very real song about relationships.

The video for "Plaids & Polka Dots" is minimalistic, getting the point across with the song's lyrics, as well as some well placed facial expressions, and visual metaphors. It's a must-see, and a must-hear, as Jon Hope is an artist to get excited about.

Comments

Popular Posts