Vid Pick: Broca's Area - The Way


As some of you know, I live very close a fantastic music venue named The Acoustic. On some nights I'll check out the lineup, and if something seems interesting I'll head on over. Hey, I'm all about new music discovery!

Last week my investigative nature was greatly rewarded when I ended up catching an awesome set by Broca's Area. Led by frontwoman Mary Corso, Broca's Area is a groove oriented band with a talent for creating a chill vibe. To put it another way, I really wish I'd brought a date to the show.

During their set, the Connecticut-based group performed a handful of originals, and covered a few of their influences, which included not just one, but two songs by Jill Scott.

To get a feel of the evening, check out Broca's Area's video for "The Way," which is the first single off of their upcoming self-titled EP. Oh, and I know I mentioned covers, but this is not a cover of the Fastball classic from the 90s. That said, if Corso and crew were to cover that song, it would in all likelihood become a bit more laid back, so forget about fastballs, and enjoy this changeup.

Comments

Popular Posts