Name: Adam Bernard Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States About Me: Entertainment journalist with 20 years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, and B-movies. Part time ninja. Kicked cancer’s ass. My memoir, ChemBro, is out now!
See my complete profile
Welcome to your weekly dose of pop world musings. Covering all things pop culture, this week Pop Shots is hitting you with thoughts on everything from Adele’s insane first week sales numbers, to Katy Perry switching dance partners, to Maple Leif Garrett (aka Justin Bieber) canceling on Stephen Colbert, and since it's Pop Shots you know everything is seasoned with a little bit of attitude.
* Adele's 25 shattered first week sales records, moving over three million copies this past week. We're still waiting to hear if there was a correlating spike in sales over at Ben & Jerry's.
* After locking lips with Meghan Trainor during their American Music Awards Performance, singer Charlie Puth cleared the air regarding any dating rumors, saying the two are not an item, and the kiss was purely performance related. Upon hearing this, Trainor became one of the more than three million people who bought Adele's album.
* Katy Perry has a new holiday song titled "Every Day is a Holiday," and it's part of H&M's #HappyAndMerry campaign. In a clip posted to social media, a small segment of the song can be heard while Perry dances among gingerbread men. After seeing this, Left Shark became one of the more than three million people who bought Adele's album.
* During an interview with Pride Source, Joe Jonas hinted that a Jonas Brothers reunion may happen at some point in time. After Nick Jonas realized what would have to happen to his insanely successful solo career in order for this to become a viable option, he became one of the more than three million people who bought Adele's album.
* Maple Leif Garrett, aka Justin Bieber, canceled an appearance on the Late Show With Stephen Colbert, tweeting out an apology just hours before the show was scheduled to tape. After seeing the tweet, Stephen Colbert became one of the more than three million people who bought Adele's album.
* In more Maple Leif Garrett news, Bieber's stylist, Karla Welch, was asked by Esquire magazine about the rock fans who weren't thrilled when the Biebs was seen wearing a Nirvana t-shirt (a $1,500 re-cut Nirvana t-shirt from Fear of God). Welch said, "I’m sure Kurt Cobain would be like – I mean I can’t speak for him, obviously – but I don’t think he was so snotty, or that he would diss anyone who appreciated his music." After reading this, Kurt Cobain rose from the dead, burned down every place selling Nirvana t-shirts for $1,500, and then became one of the more than three million people who bought Adele's album.
* The Toronto Raptors held their second annual Drake Night this past Wednesday. The evening was an exciting one for Drake, but this is still Drake we're talking about, so you already know he was one of the more than three million people who bought Adele's album.
* Lady Gaga will grace the cover of the January 2016 issue of V Magazine, and, as has become the trend with many publications, she’ll guest edit the issue, as well. Upon hearing this news, every single editor looking for work became one of the more than three million people who bought Adele's album.
* Finally, now that her life is perfect, Adele, in a quest for more sadness, became one of the more than three people who bought Reh Dogg's album.
And with that, my time is up for the week, but I'll be back next week with more shots on all things pop.