NYC Scene Report – Whatever We Are, King Falcon, & Lenii


This week’s NYC Scene Report features Whatever We Are hopping in their “Old Car,” King Falcon getting us to “Shake! Shake! Shake!,” and Lenii pouring a big bowl of “Cereal.”

* Long Island based foursome Whatever We Are have spent a considerable amount of time living the tour life, and you can see highlights from all that time on the road in the video for their latest single, “Old Car.”

The footage in “Old Car” is from the band’s Nevers Road Tour, which spanned 31 cities over the course of 6 weeks, and during which the band took 40+ hours of video footage, and over 200,000 photos.

The song is the story of how the four formerly solo artists came together to create Whatever We Are. “We were four friends who got together by accident and took a chance on each other,” the band said in a statement.

Click play on “Old Car,” and take a chance of Whatever We Are.


* I hope you’re ready to “Shake! Shake! Shake!,” because with their latest single, NYC-based rock duo King Falcon are looking to inspire you to move.

“Shake! Shake! Shake!” was composed by King Falcon’s Michael Rubin and James Terranova, along with music producers HEAVY (Lovely the Band, Dirty Heads, Saint Motel) at NRG studios in North Hollywood, CA.

“The song is literally about a seduction that happens in a bar,” explains Rubin, “but the song actually has a double meaning, which, unfortunately, I cannot reveal due to privacy concerns. ;) All I can really say is that it was kind of a crazy night on Cahuenga Boulevard.”

Click play on the video, and “Shake! Shake! Shake!” with King Falcon.


* Even if it isn’t breakfast time when you’re reading this, NYC by way of Ireland singer, songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist Lenii is still ready to pour you a big bowl of “Cereal.”

“Cereal” is the latest single from Lenii’s forthcoming EP, In All Fairness, and she explained the inspiration for the song in a statement, saying, “I had recently broken up with my boyfriend of over two years, and it was the worst thing I’ve ever experienced. Almost immediately, at a time when I was at my most vulnerable, a close friend swooped in thinking I was up for grabs. I know this sounds like such teenage drama. I was so angry that my own feelings were totally disregarded and I was made to feel like an object that could be passed around. I know most girls can probably relate to this in some way.”

Break out your big spoon, and enjoy Lenii’s “Cereal.”


For more of the best of NYC’s indie music scene, come back next Wednesday, and check out the archives for previous columns.

Comments

Popular Posts