Vid Pick: Corina Corina – Katie Girl


For quite a few years now I’ve had to refer to Corina Corina as a “Bay Area songstress,” but just a few weeks ago she moved back to NYC, which is where I first met her, and saw her perform. Right around the time she was unpacking her things, Corina Corina released the video for her latest single, “Katie Girl,” and it’s filled with vintage clips from her first go-around in NYC.

The song was written after what Corina Corina calls the most painful breakup she’s ever been through, noting her partner had found her large personality, and even larger ambitions, “hard to love.”

She says of the song, "I wanted to vent my frustration about this being the demise of past relationships in a way that expressed my extreme anger and disappointment about it. Deto-22 sent me this slow and haunting instrumental and it fit the feel of the song perfectly. The real cherry on top was Willie Green's string arrangement.”

She adds, “I wasn't sure how this song would be received, but when I took it on the road with me last fall it was an instant fan favorite.”

If someone’s ever told you that you’re “too much,” “Katie Girl” is going to resonate with you. Check it out, and relate to Corina Corina’s frustration.

Comments

Popular Posts