The Good, The Not-So-Bad, & The Ugly Ways to Send Music to a Blogger


Back in the day, there was one way to get your music to a journalist: the good ol' US Postal Service. I fondly remember opening up my mailbox and it looking like Christmas with all the packages in there. I don't get quite the same feeling when I open up my email inbox and see more messages than any one person could possibly get to in a day.

From an artist's standpoint, it has become extremely difficult to stand out in a sea of emails, all of which ask the same thing: Please listen to my music. What you might not realize is you may have predetermined the answer to that question based on the way in which you sent the music.

So before you click "send" on that next email, here's a quick list to help you determine if you're doing things in a good, a not-so-bad, or a straight-up ugly way.

Read the full column at SonicBids.com.

Comments

Popular Posts