Vid Pick: MURS w/ MNDR - No More Control


Last month MURS released his latest album, Have A Nice Life, and, not surprisingly, it's damned good. In fact, I anticipate it being on my year-end best-of list for RapReviews. With that in mind, I was slightly bothered by the fact that when I looked to see which singles he'd made videos for, the clip for "No More Control" hadn't broken 200k views despite coming out two months ago.

As a song, "No More Control" is an incredibly powerful statement, and the video isn't just equally powerful, it's jarring... or at least it should be to anyone who cares about people.

MURS is a dope emcee. "No More Control" is a great video. This is the kind of hip-hop we should all wholeheartedly support. The only way it can rise to the top, however, is if we all watch, listen, and pass it on, which is exactly what I'm doing right now.

Comments

Popular Posts