NYC Scene Report - Holy Ghost!, Giga Herbs, Lovelife, & more


The other night, at around 1 AM, I was sitting in a New York City cab that was weaving in and out of traffic like something out of a video game. I was on my way home from seeing Crash Kings and Nico Vega at Bowery Ballroom, and many would have feared for their life bouncing around in that backseat, but I didn’t. Despite the speed at which the scenery was going by, the breeze the ride was producing was enough to make me forget I was on a roller coaster without at seatbelt.

That evening featured less of a neighborhood watch and more of a neighborhood blur, but I’ll make sure to keep things at a reasonable speed for this installment of Neighborhood Watch: NYC.

This week’s trip around the city includes a positively perky song from Giga Herbs, a punk offering from Pedico, synth pop from Lovelife, indie rock from The Never Evers, a dance track from Alexander Howard, true school hip-hop from M-TRI and DJ Leecy T, and some surf rock from Fishdoctor. Leading everything off, however, is a video from indie rockers Holy Ghost! that’s filled with more NYC than the 6 train at rush hour.

Read the full column at Arena.com.

Comments

Popular Posts