3 Reasons You Should See I Am Snow Angel Live


Last year I discovered the music of I Am Snow Angel when she was on the same bill as my friend KYOSi at Rockwood Music Hall in NYC. It was impossible not to be drawn in by the one woman band who had a plethora of equipment on stage, and was doing live production in addition to singing.

Her style of downtempo electro pop was, in a word, sexy. This is why a few weeks ago, when I saw she’d be performing at the same venue again, I made sure to be there.

What I found was that I Am Snow Angel has doubled down on all the best qualities of her music, and live show.

With that in mind, here are three reasons you should see I Am Snow Angel live.

1. It’s a Sultry, Sensual, Seductive, Time

The combination of I Am Snow Angel’s atmospheric production, and her downright erotic, breathy vocals, make it so that it would be wise to bring a date to one of her shows. To say she sets the mood would be an understatement.

If you close your eyes while she’s performing it’s easy to picture yourself in your bedroom, or the bedroom of your significant other, turning the sheets into a disheveled mess.

That said, I’d recommend leaving your eyes open for a bit, as I Am Snow Angel does all of her production live, and it’s something you definitely want to see.

2. Her Production Set Up is Incredible

Speaking of I Am Snow Angel’s production, with samplers, a keyboard, a laptop, and a guitar, her set up has more cords coming out of it than a VCR in the ‘80s, and none of it is there just for show. She uses every single piece of equipment, building her music from scratch.

When she plugs in her guitar, she twists a few knobs and radically alters its sound from song to song.

Her entire set is like watching a masterclass in modern production equipment.

3. She Lights Up The Stage … Literally

In addition to manning all of her production equipment, I Am Snow Angel also sets up lighting that she controls. That’s right, she isn’t just a one woman band, she’s also her own lighting tech.

This works beautifully, as she mixes the soft tone of her voice with soft colors, which further sets the mood.


To find out when, and where, I Am Snow Angel is performing next, check out her Facebook page for show dates.

Comments

Popular Posts