Vid Pick: Nat Osborn Band – Cagey


One of my favorite soul acts, Nat Osborn Band, are getting “Cagey” with their NPR Tiny Desk Contest submission.

Osborn explains his decision to go with “Cagey” as his submission, saying, “I went with this song because it's a fun, uptempo song that I felt we could do justice within a smaller, more stripped down setting. I also like that it's a song about New York. In this contest you have people submitting from all around the country, and I find a sense of location can add to the spirit of the occasion.”

The video was shot in Osborn’s rehearsal space, although the filming almost didn’t happen.

“We had planned to just use a few stationary cameras, and then edit afterwards,” he explains, “but my drummer forgot the cameras. A call was placed to a friend, and an hour later we had a proper director/videographer/editor. He did a great job with it, especially considering the last minute nature of the thing.”

Check out the clip, and vibe to the soulful sounds of Nat Osborn Band.

Comments

Popular Posts