About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $200-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them


Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout


What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Vid Pick: JMNOP – Let Me Live
Friday, January 06, 2017

Hip-hop heads will definitely recognize the beat to O.I.S.D. emcee JMNOP’s latest, “Let Me Live,” as the song is a new twist on the Jay Z classic “Can I Live.”

JMNOP says that while “Let Me Live” is an homage to one of his favorite albums, by one of his favorite artists, it’s also a statement, aimed at an older generation that has a tendency to be quick to judge the younger generation.

“It's more than just music,” he explains, “it’s more so about how the older generation has so much to say about how the younger generation lives, especially the millennial generation. Things go wrong, we get blamed. You see it with rappers, like, ‘Oh I don't understand mumble rap.’ Funny thing is, nobody understood us when we weren’t mumbling. We got criticized back then, too. (laughs) … It's like, instead of trying to knock us down, why don't you find out why we're the way we are?”

JMNOP adds, “In the original song, Jay is asking ‘Can I Live,’ like can I just do my thing, and enjoy my life without all the scrutiny and judgement from people who wouldn't even understand my lifestyle? I'm saying the same thing, except it's more of a declaration – I'm gonna continue to do me regardless, so deal with it. ‘Let Me Live.’”

One great way to let JMNOP live is to play this one at a high volume.

Labels:

posted by Adam Bernard @ 7:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Follow

Email List

Latest Interviews

James Roland
creator of Blood Drive


FITNESS


Mr. Lif & Akrobatik


PackFM

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
    Older Posts                 Newer Posts