A Much Needed Change Of Pace


As I’m sure many of you have noticed, I’ve picked up quite a bit of extra work in the past few months, most notably my NYC Scene reports and features for 101Distribution.com. Because I think I’m Superman, I took on this new weekly responsibility without even thinking of taking anything off my plate. What I’ve come to find is that’s a terrible combination for my sanity and creativity, not to mention it leaves little time to pitch, or work on anything long form. With that in mind I decided to make a few changes to my publishing schedule here at Adam’s World.

The big change is that I’m moving Pop Shots to Monday. I think it will provide a fun start to the week, and on a personal level it will take away the stress of “what am I going to write for Monday,” which I’ve been feeling pretty heavily of late.

This makes the week on Adam’s World look something like this:

Monday - Pop Shots
Tuesday - RapReviews Interview or Podcast
Wednesday -
Thursday - NYC Scene Report or Feature
Friday - Vid Pick

Wednesday is blank so I can slip anything in there, or nothing at all if I’m too busy with print work, pitching magazines, or I’m simply uninspired. Sometimes my NYC scene reports/features might run early and land there (sometimes they may get posted late and land on Friday). The point is it’s none of the pressure of leaving Monday blank, like I’ve been doing for so many years.

I’ll still write commentaries whenever I feel the need to comment on something, which will be often. I’ll still interview artists, and film and TV celebs, whenever I find someone I’d like to feature that doesn’t fit with any of my other projects. Five Albums in Five Minutes will continue to run every time I find five albums I’m really excited about. You’ll still see photo albums posted whenever I bring my camera to shows. I’m just taking some of the pressure off myself.

Creativity and ideas need room to grow, it’s why so many great ideas occur when we’re on the train, in the bathroom, and right as we’re going to bed - our minds are clear and we have nothing but time. By switching up my schedule I actually expect even more writing to come out of me, it will just happen slightly more randomly.

Stay tuned. Big things are on the horizon.

Comments

Popular Posts