Rise Up Radio’s Hip-Hop Journalism Roundtable


On Friday, January 20th, I was part of Rise Up Radio’s roundtable discussion on hip-hop journalism with Manny Faces of BirthplaceMag.com, and Thembisa S. Mshaka, author of Put Your Dreams First. The discussion aired live from 7pm - 8pm est on WBAI 99.5FM-NY and wbai.org, and covered a wide range of topics under the hip-hop journalism umbrella.

Because the conversation was so fantastic, and covered so many aspects of hip-hop journalism, I’ve posted the entire roundtable here in two sections for listening pleasure. Enjoy!

Part I (25 minutes)


Part II (11 minutes)


Note - In the first section of the roundtable I incorrectly state that I’ve placed an article in Word Up magazine. I’ve actually placed articles in Black Beat and Right On, which are aimed at the same target audience, and are usually right next to Word Up on the newsstand. Apologies. The list of magazines I’ve written for is quite long, and sometimes the memory of who I’ve pitched and where I’ve placed articles gets a little fuzzy.

Comments

Popular Posts