Currently Stuck In My Head: Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci


Last week my buddy Jensen and his girlfriend played this song for me. I told them after the first chorus that it was going to be stuck in my head all day. I was wrong. It’s been stuck in my head for nearly a week and I play it more and more everyday. There are quite a few reasons why “Gucci Gucci” has made it to the top of my playlist. First, Kreayshawn goes in an anti-materialistic direction, noting real swag requires no name brands. I love that. Second, the beat is bananas. It reminds me a little bit of 90s West Coast hip-hop, and being that I was listening to The Chronic in high school (yeah, I’m that damned old), that kind of production makes me feel good. Third, her flow is really on point. Fourth, she uses the term “basic bitches” in the chorus, which I think is hilarious. Normally I’m not a fan of the word bitch, but the phrase “basic bitches” is too great to deny. Fifth, she’s having fun. How many other female rappers talk about ordering, and super sizing, a combo at Arby’s? Now THAT’S real!

Comments

Othello said…
Me and my girl were arguing over the merits of this track in the car yesterday. I agree. Shit is crack!
Othello said…
Me and my girl were arguing about the merits of this track in the car yesterday. I agree with you, this shit is crack!

Popular Posts