Chris Clay - Minnesota, Music & Mary Jane


I listen to A LOT of albums in one sitting. Most don’t make it past the third song, but every once in a while there’s one that so obviously shines through that I let it ride. The other day, in the midst of spinning 11 albums, the one that was head and shoulders above the rest was Chris Clay’s mixtape, The Christening. After reading up on him I found out he’s from Minnesota, which has one of the best hip-hop scenes in the country, but he moved away from it for the sunnier skies of California. Wanting to know more, I gave him a shout and not only did I find out everything behind the move, and his music, I received quite the education in the legal marijuana distribution business as Clay worked at a dispensary for nearly a full year. Minnesota, Music and Mary Jane - now that’s a holy trinity a lot of us can get down with.

Read the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Popular Posts