Review: Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot...


Outkast’s ATLiens album was a major part of the soundtrack to my freshman year of college. Since then I’ve seen Outkast grow as a group, and then, in my opinion, fall off. Yes, I’m one of the select few that really didn’t like the Speakerboxxx / The Love Below double album. In fact, I’ve been waiting for the return of the REAL Outkast for a decade.

Now comes Big Boi’s “solo” debut (yes, solo has to be in quotes) as Sir Lucious Left Foot… The Son Of Chico Dusty, with 15 tracks featuring 15 guests and 13 different producers. Having such a history with Outkast I wanted to like this album, but tempered my expectations because when duos go solo they’re rarely as good as they are as a team. It turns out that was exactly the way to listen to this album. Although Sir Lucious Left Foot… The Son Of Chico Dusty is definitely a welcome respite from the norm in terms of mainstream Hip Hop it still has its flaws.

Read the full review at SoulTrain.com.

Comments

Popular Posts