Sean Williams - In Kicks He Trusts


Have you ever met someone who ALWAYS seems to be making big moves? That’s how I’ve felt about Sean Williams, aka Ope, aka Paper Chasr, since I first met him in 2003 at the Boo-Yaa Tribe’s West Koasta Nostra listening party at Justin’s in NYC. Poison Pen introduced us and over the years Williams and I have managed to combine forces a number of times (including one still unrealized project involving Tatyana Ali). He introduced me to Substantial, Fresh Daily, Insanate, and a host of other artists, and I featured Williams, and everyone he was working with, on my radio show on a regular basis.

Williams’ latest project is a sneaker documentary titled Know You Got Sole, and the soundtrack to that documentary, Know You Got Sole: The Music. Sneakers and hip-hop have had an incredible connection ever since the days of “My Adidas,” and this week I caught up with Williams to learn more about that connection, get some insider information on Know You Got Sole: The Music, and find out which hip-hop legend he’s working with next (hint - the news may cause you to want to “duck down”). We also compared classic kicks with classics albums in a word association game that could only happen at RapReviews.

Read the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Popular Posts