Warren G – Still Regulatin’


“Regulators! Mount up!” It’s a phrase that people go just as wild for in 2009 as when it was first uttered in 1994. “Regulators” was the beginning of the G-Funk era and Warren G has no plans on letting that sun set on that era anytime soon. In fact, he just dropped his latest addition to his G-Funk legacy, The G-Files, the other week and today he took a few minutes out of his busy schedule to sit down with me to discuss the album, as well as which current rising star reminds him of himself, why if you ever hear him say “I’m on a boat” it’s probably a fishing boat, and how Nate Dogg is doing health-wise. Here are some of the highlights from the interview:

On Nate Dogg’s health:
He’s got good doctors working with him just trying to help him recover and get himself back to normal. We’re praying for a fast recovery.

On attaining and maintaining longevity:
I try to make every song I do a single and I think that’s what got me here. Also, I don’t burn bridges, I keep good relationships. I’m a cool person, period.

On his fishing skills:
I ain’t good, but I like to do it. I try. I catch em every now and then, but it ain’t like I’m out there catchin them big muthfuckas that’s like yaaah.

Check out the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Popular Posts