Jenn Brown – First Lady of Inside The NFL


Inside The NFL was a staple on HBO from 1977 up through the 2008 Super Bowl. This past season the show made the switch to Showtime and with that move came a few changes to the cast. Jenn Brown was one of the new additions they made. “They came to me and asked if I would be interested in doing some lighthearted, lifestyle, behind the scenes type pieces to kind of add a different element to the show,” she remembers. “I was like are you kidding me? You want me to work with Phil Simms, Cris Collinsworth, James Brown and Warren Sapp? Of course!”

Although some may have wondered how well the blonde bombshell would fit in with the all-male cast, Brown notes she’s always been able to hang with the boys. “They put me in these nice clothes and makeup and curl my hair, but don’t let it fool you because I’m still a tomboy at heart. I’d love to get on the field and play football with the boys.” In high school she hit the field plenty of times as a seven sport athlete and in college she played softball for the University of Florida. “I was closer to being one of the boys than one of the girls,” she says with a laugh.

Her long history in sports doesn’t end on the field. Brown has worked for ESPN and CBS, and many may recognize her from her time on the non-sports related E! News Now. About the only thing she hasn’t done yet is hit the dance floor with Dancing With The Stars alum, and Inside The NFL analyst, Warren Sapp.

Brown is OK with waiting for that dance, though, as she’s busy living out one of her biggest dreams. “They’re basically paying me to go hang out at football games,” she says elatedly, “it’s pretty awesome.”

Check out Jenn Brown in action at sports.sho.com/infl.

Comments

Popular Posts