Cock Blocked

Admitting when I’m wrong is something I’m very open to doing. In this case I’m not sure I was wrong as much as I was uninformed, or more precisely, misinformed. Wednesday night I met up with the girls who I was partying with last Friday night. We were talking for a while and I casually threw in that a little birdie had told me they were taken. I got some shocked looks because apparently NEITHER of them were spoken for and they didn’t appreciate the fact that someone said they were.

I have a hypothesis as to why I was told these two beautiful ladies were taken when they weren’t. First off, the person who told me they were taken was another female, a female I have expressed interest in in the past, but have come to realize nothing will ever happen with. It might just be my ego talking here, but something tells me that the reason I was cock blocked was because she saw me going after someone else and realized that a lot of the attention I had been giving her, even if some of it was unwanted, would suddenly be given to somebody else. Basically it’s the "I can’t have you cuz I’m taken, but I want all the attention" concept. She even went as far as to try to make me jealous at the club last night by fawning all over another guy. I don’t get it, she’s taken, she told me to go after girls at the club, then she got mad when I did. Sorry, but I can’t keep fawning all over someone who’s taken, it’s a waste of my time and energy, and by trying to sabotage potential hook-ups she isn’t exactly helping her own case.

It’s funny, one might think when two guys go after a girl is when cock blocking would be at it’s worst, but in reality, when a girl doesn’t want you to get with another girl is truly when the sexual sabotage known as cock blocking happens in full force.

Changing the subject completely, yesterday was my Birthday!!! Twenty six years ago yesterday I was born. Being 26 is a little scary, not quite as scary as turning 25 was, but there is a definite feeling of being firmly entrenched in adulthood now. Thanks to my job, however, I had a very very cool birthday greeting as Wyclef made sure to wish me a happy one after our interview. Hey, it’s just one of the perks of the job!

To celebrate the occasion of my birthday a couple friends dragged me out to a few bars. It’s really good that they did because had they not I would have just been at home doing nothing. The first bar we hit up, Black Rock Castle, had an awful band playing so we had to leave. The second bar we hit up, Bear and Grill, had a much better band, so we stuck around there for a while. While at B&G we ran into a complete moron who actually tried to start a fight with me over a girl I wasn’t interested in. I turned to the guy, who was dressed like a reject from the 1994 LL Bean catalogue, and told him "listen, I’m not with this girl, I don’t want to be, you can have her," and he still persisted to try to fight. The funny thing is, and I loved this, I guess he thought he was a tough guy or something, but when he tried to raise up his tough guy bullshit backfired on him. He asked in a very angry tone, "where were you born?" I replied with the very honest answer of "Philly," but I did it in the classic, my town can kick your town’s ass tone of voice. Dude got shook. He tried to make some comment about a cheesesteak and then couldn’t look at me for the rest of the night. He was later found outside the bar making a drunken ass out of himself.

Speaking of drunken asses, one of my female friends was so trashed last night I ended up turning to the bartender and asking if he had served up any non-alcoholic drinks recently just to try to figure out what she was drinking and how quickly we had to take it away from her. The bartender appreciated that we were looking out for our friend. It’s really too bad she was so sloppy because the female singer in the group that was performing had her eye on me at different times during the night. Oh well, just another case of a cock block.

Comments

Popular Posts