A Super Kick, and a Super Slip

I am a sports junkie, anybody who knows me knows this, so ya'll know I was glued to the TV for the Super Bowl. The Giants were well represented in the game with BOTH the Panthers and Pats head coaches being former Giants Defensive Coordinators. I was rooting for the Pats in this one, I had been telling people they would win it all since the halfway point of the season. Vinatieri's game winning field goal had me flyin, and I think I'm still feeling the rush of it all.

The halftime show is what all non-sports fans are talking about with the now infamous Janet Jackson nipple exhibition. Yes folks look, it's a nipple, it's Janet Jackson's nipple, big whoop. This is yet another MTV produced moment meant to get people talking about MTV artists. For their sake it's a good thing they did it because if they hadn't all anyone would be talking about would be how terrible the performances were. Of course, MTV will NEVER work with the NFL again, which is a huge loss for MTV because no matter how big they get they will never be as big as the NFL, but I guess that was a calculated risk they were willing to take. If I was running things at MTV that kind of stuff would have never happened. I believe in building strong relationships with historically dominant companies, not pissing them off. Oh well. God forbid logic ever previal.

Last, but certainly not least, tonight marks the return of In Da Mixx!!! Our new day and time-slot is Tuesday, 10PM-12AM, on WVOF 88.5 FM (Fairfield) and streaming on the web at WVOF.org!!!

Comments

Popular Posts