A long couple of days

Is it really only Wednesday night? The week started off normal (and by normal I mean boring), but four hours before my radio show, which has moved to Tuesday nights from 10PM - 12AM, I found out one of my grandmothers had passed away. This was not super shocking to me as I came into 2004 fully expecting to lose both my grandmothers but it still doesn't exactly set a great mood. Oddly enough, despite me not saying a word about my grandmother, DJ Skam (who, along with DJ TC, were our guests last night) threw on Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth's "Reminisce." I took that time to big up my grandma and give a Rest In Peace to her over the airwaves. I gotta admit, even though we weren't very close, I felt pretty good about being able to do something like that.

Today I had to wake up early to prepare for a mid-morning interview with T-Boz and Chilli from TLC (I guess technically they ARE TLC, but we all know the L stood for Left Eye, Rest In Peace). The interview went amazingly well and they even paid me the ultimate compliment after one question when Chilli stopped for a second then said "that's a good question." :oD After that interview I had another interview, but this time I was on the other end of the questions as a writer for BlackEnterprise.com wanted to get some comments from me regarding Kimora Lee Simmons' recent venture. You KNOW I'll be posting links to those articles!

All in all I guess I'm doing OK. My main concern now is making sure my family gets through everything. I know I'll survive, I just have to make sure everybody else does. One ex of mine used to call me "The Rock" because of my biceps (no joke, in fact, her calling me that may have been my favorite thing about her), but I think my strong will and ability to help others weather rough times can also translate into a reasoning for the moniker.

That's all for now, and remember, if you missed the radio show, you stink! LOL!

Comments

Popular Posts