About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $250-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Artist Advice e-book

Muscle For Your Hustle What Every DIY Musician Needs to Know (2011)

A collection of 22 of my best artist advice articles

Pick it up for just $1

Photo Ops

w/ Beautiful Bodies ('15)


w/ Michael Imperioli ('14)


w/ Millionaires ('12)


w/ Adam Duritz, iLLspoKinN & Notar ('10)


w/ Kevin Pereira on the old set of
Attack of the Show ('09)

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
Saturday, January 03, 2004
Well, it's Saturday night and I'm home alone chillin'. Looks like 2004 isn't much different from 2003 after all! LOL! It's all good. My boy is visiting, but he's out with his girl right now. Last night we went over to her house and he chilled with her and I chilled with her sister. Her sister is very cute and seems to enjoy my company. I'm not expecting it to lead to much, however, as she has had chances before and ignored them.

I've gotten started on creating the characters for my first short story of 2004. I tried some techniques I read about online and one of them REALLY worked well, the interview. Basically, I did a full length interview with each of my main characters, which ended up exposing who they are and why they are the way they are. Being that I'm a journalist the flow of it all was very natural and I ended up creating some great answers off the top of my head that gave my characters a little more in the way of depth. I'm pretty excited about getting started on story number one this upcoming Monday. I'm waiting till Monday because I'd like to take a full four days to create in-depth character profiles and a quick outline.

All is pretty quiet on the work front. My next interview is with Knoc-Turn'Al on the 8th at Elektra, at which time I'll also drop off my resume with my people at Elektra, letting them know I'm available if they need anyone in promotions. Until then I'll be focusing on my fiction writing, and Henry Rollins' Solipsist. Rollins is scheduled to be coming to Connecticut in February. I'm going to try to get tickets because the man is a genius with words and emotions. I'm still debating whether I should take a date or not. Rollins is one of those experiences that A) could scare the crap out of a girl, and B) I could just want to do alone. You know how there are sometimes albums, at least for me, that you want to listen to with no one else around because another person even breathing could ruin the listening experience? I kinda feel that way about Rollins' writing and spoken word work. Who knows, though, if the RIGHT girl comes along I will definitely be taking her.
posted by Adam Bernard @ 8:17 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Follow

Email List

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them


Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout


What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Latest Podcast

The Drunk Train #9
feat. Lucy Camp
& Toussaint Morrison
Stand-Up Comedy

My set from Soce's
First-Timer's Show (April '14)
B-Lister Nation
B-Listers are a select group of artists that were featured in my Artist Of The Week series that ran every Monday from April of '06 to April of '11. All of these artists have two things in common; extreme talent, and a flight path far too under the radar for my liking. They took on the title of B-Listers as they embraced being featured by me, Adam B. Check out the AOTW Archives for all the interviews.

Friends of Adam’s World
60 Second Review
Adam John | Kid Kryptic
Always Home and Uncool
AngryMarks
Backpack Cat
Claudia Alick
Definitely Amazing
Gangstarr Girl
Fly Like Dove
FreeHipHopNow
Halo Doesn’t Suck
I Are Conscious
iHeartDilla
Jesse Abraham
Joey K’s Place
Jus Rhyme
Ken Morico
Life of a Rockstar
MC Larny Rocks
Nappy Diatribe
Nobody Beats The Liz
Paul Gargano
Pay Us No Mind
Popular Opinions
Ramblings of the BK GrrlGenius
RapDirt
RapReviews
Sleep Dirt
Speech Is My Hammer
Stamford Talk
The 54 Reality Show
The BillaBlog
The Race to Nowhere
xo Publicity

Member Of

BLOGGER

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

    Older Posts                 Newer Posts