First off, the good news: today I picked up my ticket for the February 11th Henry Rollins spoken word show in Hartford!!! I can't wait to see him speak live. If you've read this site for any amount of time you know Rollins is one of my favorite authors. I decided to only get one ticket. The reasoning was simple, the damn surcharges and extra fees were nearly $7!!! And that's for a ticket that had a $20 face value. We REALLY need a ticket surcharge regulatory committee to get this kinda stuff under control.

Also in the good news column is my first short story of the year. I'm already over 4,000 words into it and I'm very pleased with how it's moving so far. My characters are well developed and I'm very good at building scenes through dialogue, which is something that's supposed to be difficult. Hey, I can write. Some people can play ball, some have a way with the ladies, I have a way with the written word (so this blog should probably be better than it is, and I'm sure it would be if I spend more time on it).

More good news, the girl I was chillin with on New Year's Eve gave me a call yesterday while I was cooking dinner (yes I am the man in the kitchen). She had fun on New Years and wants to hang out again. I have a feeling when she says "hang out" that's really all she wants to do, but that's cool with me. I stand by my firm policy on life and people, expect nothing so if anything (good) DOES happen it will always make you happy.

Last but not least, Isiah Thomas can officially walk on water. STARBURY IS A KNICK! Praise the Lord we're contenders again. We traded garbage for a superstar and I am on cloud nine. Oh, and congrats to SLAM magazine for putting Marbury on their cover saying how he's going to lead the Suns. HA HA!

The bad news: My Knoc-Turn'Al interview this Thursday was canceled. It's not like it was a big interview, but I was looking forward to getting the year started. I DID, however, get an email from No Limit this afternoon and I MAY be getting an interview with Master P (knock on wood), so that's a potential VERY good thing. See, it's all a great big circle. LOL!

Comments

Popular Posts