I was having one of those days. I was looking at myself, seeing how hard I was working and was really starting to wonder if I was accomplishing anything. I was starting to get a little depressed about the fact that I have a kick ass resume yet no takers. This happens every so often, usually every couple of months or so. This time I think it was sparked because I just changed my resume and I'm trying to shop an article to the local papers. Regardless, it's stupid to dwell on things like that. All it will do is bum me out, and I don't need that right now. I'll have enough of that when I see certain family members over Thanksgiving. Food-wise Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, it's the invite list that I'm always wary of.

Snapping me out of my momentary depression was a converstion I had with a girl I met last night in NYC. I had gone into the city to see my friend Blitz perform and introduce Dyalekt to him and his manager. The night turned out to be an open mic / networking event. A cute hispanic girl caught my eye (she turned out to be a singer) and we exchanged info. Normally I'm the quickest person on earth to email people, but this girl had me beat. I had an email waiting in my inbox as soon as I arrived home. This thrilled me! Finally someone who shared my drive! Turns out the girl is extremely cool, and had nothing but good things to say about me during our IM conversation today, even going as far as saying I'm an "amazing person." I'll take amazing over abrasive any day (direct reference to a girl from earlier in the year). She has a boyfriend, but seems to think I'm worthy of dating her friends. Regardless, I made a new friend and that's always a good thing.

In other news, I ain't gonna lie, the first 50 pages of "I Am Legend" had me SHOOK when I turned off the lights. Reading horror before bed can be quite exhilarating!!! Can't wait to finish it over the weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts