Vid Pick: King Deco – Read My Lips


If you've frequented this site, you're probably already familiar with the music of King Deco. One part pop, one part R&B, I first met King Deco when we both attended one of our mutual friend Stef Lang's shows (you've heard Stef's work quite a bit here, as well!).

I wrote about King Deco's latest single, "Read My Lips," in one of my NYC Scene Report columns last month, and now she has a video for the single, and it's pretty amazing. The clip features some artsy 3-D awesomeness, as well as fire eating, and the best supporting role by a snake since Britney Spears' "Slave 4 U" performance at the 2001 VMAs.

When it comes to the song, the beat for "Read My Lips" will get you moving, as it's reminiscent of Color Me Badd era R&B, and I mean that in the best possible way (you know you loved "I Wanna Sex You Up," even if the whole, "Makin' love until we drown" lyric was ridiculous).

I highly recommend turning up the volume on this one, and viewing the video full screen.

Comments

Popular Posts