Pop Shots – Fully Loaded


Welcome to your weekly dose of pop world musings. Covering all things pop culture, this week Pop Shots is hitting you with thoughts on everything from Halsey going full peace-mode, to Madonna and Katy Perry going full birthday suit, to Ariana Grande possibly going full on country, and since this is Pop Shots you know everything is seasoned with a little bit of attitude.

* Halsey will perform at the 23rd annual Nobel Peace Prize Concert, on December 11th, in Oslo, Norway. I ranked Halsey's Badlands as my favorite album of 2015. I'm pretty sure this means I've contributed to world peace. {kicks feet up on desk}

* Selena Gomez became the first person to reach 100 million followers on Instagram. To put this in perspective, 118 million people voted in the 2012 presidential election. Age restrictions be damned, I say we elect Selena, especially considering her current platform is "Kill 'Em With Kindness."


* In her continued efforts to embarrass the hell out of her kids, Madonna tweeted a cropped picture that implied she was naked, and wrote, "Im voting naked with Katy Perry!!" (Yes, she wrote “Im” instead of “I’m”) The tweet was a reference to a Funny or Die voter registration campaign, which featured Perry going to a polling station in the nude. Being that my polling place is a grade school, I'm pretty sure if I were to vote naked it would be a felony.

* During a Bone Thugs performance at the High Life Music Festival, a drone hit Flesh-N-Bone in the face. Toughing it out, he didn't stop the show, or even stop the song. Being that this was a medical marijuana themed event, I think we can all make a safe assumption as to how he took care of the pain after he got off stage.


* Adele's 25 reached diamond status last week, which means it’s reached 10 million in sales in the U.S. That's 10 million women who still aren't really over their exes. Here I thought my dating pool was completely drained, but it turns out it's filled with the tears of the dumped.

* DJ Khaled announced he will be releasing a book, titled The Keys, on November 22nd, via Crown Publishing Group. The book will include gems such as, "The key is to not jetski at night," and "The key is to have every key." The latter is actually solid advice for anyone playing The Legend of Zelda.


* While in Las Vegas for the iHeartRadio Festival, Ariana Grande revealed she might want to give country music a try, saying, "My grandpa, he always wanted me to do something in the country world. I don't know if that would ever happen. If that opportunity, when it comes along, I'd have to say, 'Hell yeah!'" I love Ariana, but we've all seen what can happen when someone steps on Taylor Swift's turf. Be careful out there!

* Chance the Rapper will join Kelly Clarkson, and Yolanda Adams as part of the National Christmas Tree Lighting concert on December 1st, or as I'll be calling it, "A Very WTF Christmas."

* I've been a fan of Teddy Sinclair, formerly known as Natalia Kills, since her very first release. She's always had an original twist on pop music, and she's also always been a great interview. Her latest project is titled Cruel Youth, and judging by the single "Diamond Days," she has another winner on her hands.


And with that, my time is up for the week, but I'll be back next week with more shots on all things pop.

Comments

Popular Posts