Vid Pick: Kawehi - Sail (AWOLNATION cover)


Kawehi has been one of my favorite artists for a few years now. Her wildly creative covers, for which she uses the art of looping to create every piece of each song, are so amazing they pretty much melt YouTube, and her live show is nothing short of incredible.

I've seen Kawehi live twice, and even if I'm not on the press list, I won't hesitate to pay to see her. Earlier this year I put my money where my mouth is when she performed in my town. My feeling is we need more dope artists to come out here, and the only way to make that happen is to show the venues that we support these acts.

Kawehi latest cover is of AWOLNATION's "Sail." You may think it's easy to cover a well loved song, but it's actually pretty difficult, as we already have a very high standard set for what we expect to hear. Kawehi, as always, doesn't just meet, but exceeds that high standard.

If you enjoy what you see, and hear, check out my 2014 interview with Kawehi, and the review I did of one of her shows that year. You can also check out her original work, which is equally awesome, on bandcamp.

Comments

Popular Posts