Sketch Tha Cataclysm - Dedicated To Being Different


Over the course of his career, which has spanned over a dozen releases, Sketch Tha Cataclysm has had one simple, yet ultimately complicated, goal - never do the same thing twice.

“I gotta keep changing, and evolving, or I get bored as fuck,” the current Minnesota resident who was born and raised in Connecticut explains. “When I was about to put out my first album, Tao Te Ching, I had this feeling like ‘man, now everybody’s gonna think I’m THIS,’ and that’s my inspiration for every project, to kinda go ‘fuck, now everybody’s gonna think I’m THIS guy.’ I want to be the Mike Patton of emcees, like I don’t just do THIS thing, I do this thing, and this thing...”

Sketch admits that although his creative lust fulfills him artistically, it hasn’t always been the best choice business-wise. “I think that’s probably something that’s stifled my career,” he says, “because people that do a specific thing, that’s them, that’s their shit, and more people do that, they subtly evolve, and I want to do just completely different shit every single time.”

Listeners will have the chance to hear what Sketch has been working on starting tonight, as he and fellow emcee Botzy are kicking off their 12 city The Thrill is Gone tour. As Sketch was preparing to hit the road, RapReviews caught up with him to find out more about the tour, and his next project. Sketch also revealed a few tour stories, including one involving swag murdering granola bars.

Read the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Popular Posts