Vid Pick: Big Stat w/ Jordan Meyer - Pain


I met Big Stat back in 2004. Since then I’ve written about him a number of times, regularly had him as a guest on my old radio show, and we have become good friends. Because of this I’ve had the opportunity to see him grow as an artist, from his Hushh days up to today. His latest single, “Pain,” is his best, and most gut wrenchingly personal, piece of work yet. It’s a song that takes a close up look at domestic violence with his mother’s own murder as the centerpiece. There’s a lot to take in here, and with lines like “it eats me up inside, I can’t remember your voice,” Big Stat is clearly wearing his heart on his sleeve for all to see. This might be the most powerful song you hear all year.

For more on Big Stat check out the following features:

Big Stat - Bigger, Better (11/2010)
Big Stat - No Longer Hushh-ed (1/2009)
True Hustle (2/2008)

Comments

Popular Posts