Review - Bitch Slap


When I picked up Bitch Slap I was already slightly familiar with it from seeing two of the cast members interviewed on Attack of the Show. That’s actually why I picked it up. I was in the mood for boobs and bullets, and Bitch Slap, from the look of it, was going to fit the bill. Little did I know it was also going to turn out to be one of the most kick ass movies I’ve seen in a long time.

Bitch Slap starts with three ridiculously gorgeous women - Hel, Camero and Trixie (played by Erin Cummings, America Olivo and Julia Voth) - on a mission in the desert. As the movie goes along the story of how and why they’ve ended up there is told through a series of flashbacks that go further and further back in time with each one. The flashbacks also get more and more insane with each one, culminating in the final flashback, which features a fantastic twist I can honestly say I didn’t see coming.

Some of the dialogue in Bitch Slap is less than stellar, but I think that was done intentionally as an homage to the sexplotation films of the past. I say this because when it needed to be smart, it was, so the occasional bad lines were probably included for effect.

The many pluses of this movie include the epic fight scenes, tons of guns, an ancient sword, and Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless making cameo appearances. In other words, it doesn’t just rank high on the awesome scale, it breaks it.

If you like fun movies, and don’t get offended by some good natured sexploitation and coarse language, Bitch Slap is a little slice of perfection. You’re going to laugh a lot, say “that’s totally ridiculous” a lot, and that’s the point. There are no hidden deep meanings in this one for you, it’s pure entertainment, and it’s great.

Enjoyability: 5 out of 5

Comments

Popular Posts