Hurricane Chris - More Than You Expected


Unless you were living under a rock in 2007, and a very heavy rock at that, there’s little chance that you didn’t the phrase “A Bay Bay” at some point. In fact, you probably heard it a lot. The Hurricane Chris song launched the then 18 year old from the local fame of his hometown of Shreveport, LA, to national superstardom. In 2009 Hurricane Chris has the clubs buzzing again with “Halle Berry (She’s Fine)” and “Headboard,” which are the first two singles off of his sophomore effort, Unleashed. With Unleashed due out later this month, I caught up with the king of ratchet and found out he’s not just about making the clubs go crazy, he’s also dedicated to giving back to his community, and he’ll whoop your ass at Call of Duty. Suspicious about that last item? Well, you can hop online and take him on yourself, he gave us his PS3 handle. Here are some of the highlights from the interview:

On his inspirations for "Halle Berry":
I was inspired by the women who keep themselves up to par every day. Big, small, skinny, or tall, but they still got their attitude because they know they keep theyself up and they know they keep theyself fresh.

On the definition of ratchet:
It’s doing you without caring what nobody else has to say. When a song comes on I’ma move exactly how I want to move to the song, exactly how it make me move, without caring what you got to say about it.

On his contributions to his community:
I come from having nothing. I come from the bottom of the bucket. With that said, I automatically wanted to help people that were in the lower positions once I got high up and able to help people.

Read the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Popular Posts