Tanya Morgan – The Bridge To Brooklynati


When Tanya Morgan burst onto the scene in 2003 they made an instant name for themselves. In 2009 they made a city. Brooklynati was their creation and they named their May release after it. This week I caught up with Ilyas, Donwill and Von Pea (pictured L to R) and after doing some of the usual (i.e. necessary) interview questions I decided to have a little fun, crack a few jokes about bad albums and nerdy pastimes, and ask them about what they think they’ll be doing in the year 2030. Here are some of the highlights from the interview:

Donwill on developing the Brooklynati concept:
It was pretty organic. Just a lot of tossing ideas and concepts around and seeing what stuck. I don't think we were workin on any side projects or doing cameos either, just really focused on Bknati.

Von Pea on whether or not they’re underground:
Underground is a weird thing because it’s not really a sound, it’s more of a status. I think we're still unpopular enough to be underground.

Ilyas on nerdy pastimes:
I am a HARDCORE gamer. I've been playin games since Atari 2600 & ColecoVision.

Read the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Popular Posts