Chip Fu – Still Got Nuttin To Prove


“La Schmoove, the real got nuttin to prove!” If that lyric brings a smile to your face you are of a certain era that remembers the greatness of the Fu-Schnickens. Chip Fu was one third of that powerfully fun trio and over the past few years he’s made a name for himself as a solo artist thanks to his creative use of flow. His “Love Mi Sensi,” which was done over the beat to Collie Buddz’ “Come Around,” turned out to be more popular than the original and it inspired him to get back into the studio and start collaborating with a host of artists. This week I caught up with Chip Fu to find out more about what he’s been working on, how he felt with hip-hop started shunning fun, why he doesn’t totally miss The Golden Era, and the likelihood of a Fu-Schnickens reunion. Here are some of the highlights from the interview:

On what he’s bringing to the table:
There’s a song that I dropped called “Ridiculous” where I was battling a violinist. Then there’s the Figaro joint that I got going on. I’m basically just making sure people see that it’s about being creative, man, it’s not about just doing records, you gotta showcase something about yourself.

On coping w/ the death of fun in hip-hop:
It was the hardest thing because me being the type of person that I am and being around people that just think that you need to be serious 24/7, I couldn’t really operate around that sort of stuff.

On the intense focus on The Golden Era:
Do I miss The Golden Era age? Sort of, but not really because if you’re stuck in an age you can’t really blow as an artist.

Read the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Popular Posts