The Wit & Wisdom of The Alchemist


The Alchemist has long been considered one of the top producers in the game, but he's not all about beats and rhymes. I caught up with him this week and while we did talk about his work, including his latest album, Chemical Warfare, the conversation ended up going in some pretty crazy directions as we ended up discussing tour pranks, dumb things people say, and why the yellow cab is the new private chopper. Here are a few of the highlights from the interview:

His thoughts on Auto-Tune:
"I’m not going to say Auto-Tune is wack. That’s like saying a certain drum machine is wack. Wack is wack. Auto-Tune is just a program that you use."

When people yell about being a "grown ass man":
"If anybody has to tell you they’re a grown man… they really aren’t. 'I’m a grown ass man!' OK, maybe you need to hear that out loud so you can believe it, because I don’t."

Joking about riding in taxis:
"It’s really ruining my Hip-Hop ego, stepping out of a yellow cab. I think I’m gonna lose some record sales. Perception is everything, bro. I should be getting out in front of my crib in a helicopter."

Check out the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Unknown said…
How long has the Alchemist been at it? I seemed to remember him from the 1990s!

Popular Posts