Dr. Dre Protégé Dawaun Parker Talks Detox


Everyone wants to know more about Detox. When is it coming out? Is it ever coming out? This week I caught up with one of the men in charge of producing the album with Dre, Dawaun Parker, who’s resume already includes working with the likes of Eminem, 50 Cent, Jay-Z and Busta Rhymes, to find out as much as I could. Parker also opened up about an incredible studio session with Em. Here are a few of the highlights from the interview:

On his first day in Dre’s studio:
“I remember being a little awe struck just by the sight of how everything looked. It was like a spaceship with all the lights and things like that.”

On how Detox will compare to the two Chronic albums:
“I just think that it’s a forward progression. I think that there will be reflections of what’s going on now, the fact that it’s 2009/2010.”

On working with Em:
“One time I played live hi-hat and Em rapped strictly in my ear and I was improvising based on what he was doing with his vocals and the cadences and the rhythm changes that he was doing.”

Check out the full interview at RapReviews.com.

Comments

Popular Posts