About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $250-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Artist Advice e-book

Muscle For Your Hustle What Every DIY Musician Needs to Know (2011)

A collection of 22 of my best artist advice articles

Pick it up for just $1

Photo Ops

w/ Beautiful Bodies ('15)

w/ Michael Imperioli ('14)

w/ Millionaires ('12)

w/ Adam Duritz, iLLspoKinN & Notar ('10)

w/ Kevin Pereira on the old set of
Attack of the Show ('09)

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
Mr. Jones & Me
Friday, October 19, 2007

This Monday I turned 29 years old. Now, some of you may be expecting some well thought out reflection on what it means to be 29 and how it feels to know that as of this moment I officially have less than a year left in my 20’s. To be honest, I thought about writing such a post, but then my father emailed me with some life-changing news that I simply had to share. Are you ready for this? Pacman Jones’ real name is Adam Bernard Jones. That’s right, Adam Bernard Jones! I was overjoyed to read this. The news brought me to a euphoric state. Suspended Tennessee Titan and former TNA tag team champion Pacman Jones and I share a name. Today I got to thinking, what other things do Pacman and I have in common?

Let’s start with careers. Jones is suspended for the entire 2007 NFL season due to his numerous run-ins with the law. Coincidentally enough, I, too, will not be playing a single down in the NFL this season. For me it’s due to my numerous run-ins with only being 145 pounds. But still, how weird is that? Jones was also a tag team champion in TNA without ever actually wrestling thanks to the Titans not letting him do anything physical that might injure him while being suspended. So basically, he spoke with other wrestlers like Ron Killings and AJ Styles while hanging out near the ring. Amazingly enough, this is something else we have in common as I, too, have never wrestled in a TNA match, but have spoken with AJ Styles (Soak Magazine issue #19). These commonalities are starting to get a bit creepy, I know.

Next up – the law, and I ain’t talkin about Kansas City Chiefs standout defensive back Ty Law! When it comes to Pacman Jones his theme song should be The Clash’s “I Fought The Law (and The Law Won).” Since being drafted into the NFL in 2005 he’s been arrested six times and questioned by police eleven times with the majority of his problems stemming from late nights at clubs, both the regular kind and those of the strip variety. Well, brace yourself for this one folks. Since 2005 I, too, have been pulled over by the police a number of times, including multiple times at the same sobriety check point, where the police have questioned me. “Did you drink tonight? How many did you have? Where are you headed?” And when did all of these instances happen? After nights at various clubs. It’s uncanny.

Musically Jones is looking to collaborate on a rap album. I think all of you who read me with any sort of regularity know my penchant for loving Hip-Hop, so once again both Adam Bernards have something in common. This is beyond freaky. Who knew Pacman Jones was the NFL’s me? (note, it’s not the other way around, I’m older!) Should I be donning a Pacman Jones jersey? Should I make a sign supporting him and attend a TNA show?

Maybe one day I could have Jones on this site, or my radio show, and we could do an interview, one Adam Bernard to another. I bet he tried to grab his name as a blogger address at some point and wondered who this Adam Bernard was that had it. Well, it’s me, Pacman, it’s me! Let’s get together and show the world that our combined powers of being Adam Bernards are potentially unstoppable.

(Man, I really wonder what he’s going to think of this if it comes up the next time he Googles himself.)

Related Links

ESPN.com: Pacman Jones
SoakMag.com: AJ Styles Interview
posted by Adam Bernard @ 7:54 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Email List

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them

Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout

What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Latest Podcast

The Drunk Train #9
feat. Lucy Camp
& Toussaint Morrison
Stand-Up Comedy

My set from Soce's
First-Timer's Show (April '14)
B-Lister Nation
B-Listers are a select group of artists that were featured in my Artist Of The Week series that ran every Monday from April of '06 to April of '11. All of these artists have two things in common; extreme talent, and a flight path far too under the radar for my liking. They took on the title of B-Listers as they embraced being featured by me, Adam B. Check out the AOTW Archives for all the interviews.

Friends of Adam’s World
60 Second Review
Adam John | Kid Kryptic
Always Home and Uncool
Backpack Cat
Claudia Alick
Definitely Amazing
Gangstarr Girl
Fly Like Dove
Halo Doesn’t Suck
I Are Conscious
Jesse Abraham
Joey K’s Place
Jus Rhyme
Ken Morico
Life of a Rockstar
MC Larny Rocks
Nappy Diatribe
Nobody Beats The Liz
Paul Gargano
Pay Us No Mind
Popular Opinions
Ramblings of the BK GrrlGenius
Sleep Dirt
Speech Is My Hammer
Stamford Talk
The 54 Reality Show
The BillaBlog
The Race to Nowhere
xo Publicity

Member Of


Wikio - Top Blogs - Music

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

    Older Posts                 Newer Posts