A Much Better State Of Mind

First off I’d like to send out a heartfelt thank you to all those who emailed and IMed me after my last post to ask how I was doing. I was in a very bad place when I wrote that last blog entry and it seems most everyone who read it was quick to catch on (guess I am a pretty good writer). Thankfully the past few days have been filled with small pieces of positivity that have picked me up a bit.

Wednesday night I got a call regarding my resume from a company I’ve been wanting to be a part of for a number of years. Despite not being experienced enough for the position I applied for (something I kind of figured when I sent in my resume), they told me they had another position open and wanted to know if I was interested. Of course I said yes, and even though mutual interest is no guarantee on any level it was a huge pick me up to get the call. Later that night I received an email with all the stuff I have to do in terms of writing samples before they’ll consider me for an interview and I have to say this will be a fun experience. (Yeah, and I was always the kid who never did his homework back in school. Go figure.)

Yesterday I had great time when I interviewed Hollywood hottie Paige Peterson. Yes, I flirted, but how could I not? How often is it one gets to speak with a someone as beautiful, and surprisingly down to earth and cool, as Paige? I enjoyed our conversation greatly and look forward to seeing it in print.

A couple hours after the interview I headed out to Bravo with my a friend of mine. Bravo is the place formerly known as Roosters, which was the place formerly known as Tommy’s, by the Community Theater in Fairfield. The bar looks fantastic, as did the bartenders (especially the one that looked a little like Sheila E). We felt a slightly awkward vibe, however, that we just couldn’t shake. There seemed to a lot of people our age, but then a dozen or so folks that were pushing 40. It was a strange mix indicative of a bar that hasn’t quite found its identity yet within the community. That being said we plan on going back next week to see what develops.

Today I had the ultimate musical pick me up. In my mailbox was t.A.T.u’s latest effort Dangerous And Moving. Everyone knows I felt their first joint, 200 KM/H In The Wrong Lane was nothing short of pop perfection, and while the new album doesn’t quite live up to that high standard I can assure you it will be in my CD player for a very long time. I dig the fact that Dangerous And Moving, if you pay attention, tells a story and the girls, as always, are on point. Once again t.A.T.u deserves plenty of praise for what will likely be my favorite pop album of the year.

My weekend looks to be filled with writing up until the finale of The Ultimate Fighter 2 on Saturday night. I’m rooting for Luke Cummo and Rashad Evans to win. I have nothing against their opponents, Cummo and Evans have just played the underdog role so well I’d like to see them complete the task.

Writing and fighting followed by football on Sunday, a perfect combo for yours truly.

Comments

Popular Posts