It's Not What You Think

Despite both Hofstra and the Giants losing my weekend kicked ass. Why you may ask? Well, I have to be very careful of how I word this, because if I were to just blurt out that I had a hot date at the children’s library it would make me sound pretty awful. OK, so I did go to the children’s section of the library, but the girl I went with was an adult! (C’mon people, seriously, what’s wrong with ya’ll!?) We hit up the library because it had just been rebuilt and neither of us had been in it since it reopened. The children’s section is especially cool because everything is sized for kids. They have tiny chairs, smaller bookshelves, even smaller doors just for kids. We were both incredibly jealous of what these kids have now and wished we’d had something like that when we were younger.

Even though we hit up the library we also went to Borders, the official hot spot of Fairfield. OK, it’s not really the official hot spot of Fairfield, but you sure did think it was cooler when I said that, didn’t ya? At Borders I was assaulted by a magazine. I saw what I thought was an artsty indie type of mag on the rack, it was called Another Magazine and had the cover layout that suggested it was an indie. I picked it up thinking it would be a slim mag, but in actuality it had over 450 pages. The magazine kicked my ass. It was pretty funny.

I had an artist friend of mine call me on Sunday and ask me to be their manager, but I had to be honest and say I didn't think I had the right contacts. The funny thing is another friend of mine who’s an artist pointed out I probably have better contacts than 80% of the people claiming to be managers. Rather than taking on a role I don't feel I'm suited for, though, I'm going all out to try to find them the perfect manager.

My Dad passed on GREAT news to me yesterday. He picked up a sheet on the train the other day and it had this little tidbit on it:

Look for expanded and restructured late-night service after 11PM from Grand Central seven days a week. The last train will depart Grand Central at 1:50AM.

That means twenty extra minutes of partying when I head into the city! Whoo Hoo.

Last, but not least, on a short 15 minute drive last night I passed not one but TWO Hummers. All I could think was, in this time of $3 a gallon gas is that really necessary? I guess excess knows no bounds.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Reporters Group Releases Free Speech Handbook
As it is imperative that this particular brand of document not fall into the hands of the enemy, it will self-destruct in 3 minutes.
Hey there, quite the blog here! Lot's of good stuff -- keep up the good work.

P.S. I also have a domains yahoo site/blog. It pretty much about domains yahoo related stuff. If you get a chance, Come and check it out. :-)
Lisa said…
What's good? Your blog is entertaining, even if you don't write about anything particularly important. I think that's the sign of a good writer. Anyway. looks like you got some comment spam.
Check it:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203

Bam.Should help. Peace.
Adam Bernard said…
So in Seinfeldian terms I have a blog about nothing, lol. Glad you're still diggin it.

And yes, I noticed the comment spam, but I get so few comments I'm deciding to leave it up. HA!
Hey Adam, as a music writer I am dying to ask you(that is if you want to be that candid), How do you feel about lil kim getting 5 mics in The Source? Just wondering. But I feel you dude, the last thing I would want to be driving in these times is a f*cking Hummer. No way, it takes 40 bucks to fill up the clunker that I got..lol Peace bro.
Adam Bernard said…
I got you on the five mic rating controversy. Check the next post!

Popular Posts