Losing Power

On Sunday night karma kicked me in the butt. In the late afternoon I had been driving through Westport and laughing at the fact that seemingly the entire town had no electricity. All the buildings were dark and even the street lights were out. It was pretty impressive (today I found out a giant tree limb fell during a thunderstorm and took out a main power line). So while I was laughing at the makeshift stop signs that were brought out to where the street lights were someone upstairs was planning a little blackout of their own, for me.

I got home at a reasonable hour, ate, watched Entourage, and felt pretty confident that I was going to have a nice quiet evening. At 11:30PM, however, the lights went out and those plans changed. I lit a few candles but there wasn’t enough light to do anything so I decided at a little past midnight to try to get some sleep. It was far too hot to sleep in or on my bed, the temperature in my place had already risen to about 90 degrees at this point, so I laid out a beach towel, grabbed a few pillows and attempted to lay as still as possible on the floor.

I guess I got some sleep because when the power came back a little over an hour later it woke me up. Upon waking up I felt like I was in a Vietnamese prison. I was on the rock hard floor, attempting to sleep on a towel, sweating my balls off. I felt like Claire Danes should have been next to me screaming about how she was set up (yes, I know, horrible Brokedown Palace reference, and for the four people who care yes I realize in the movie it was Thailand. Oh, and incidentally, if I had woken up next to Claire Danes it would have been a great night no matter what the temperature was). I got up, though, turned on the fan and the AC and once it cooled down a bit got on to my bed to catch a couple hours of sleep. Not exactly my idea of a good time, but that’s what I get for mocking another town’s electrical problems. Guess God really is watching 24/7.

Comments

Lisa said…
Wow, it's really been a minute since I came here. You always seem to have some amusing story to tell.Anyway,lol, I'm glad you learned your lesson.
Karma is like that. Ok, I will try to keep this short but something has been bugging me the past week. As a fellow "Entourage" watcher, don't you think Vince getting "gigs" from Ari's partner is kind of ethically messed up. I know Ari is a snake, but I find Vince getting "gigs" from Ari's partner akin to Ari trying to get Vince a juicy part, and at the same time he tries to get that same part to another one of his clients. Am I offbase here and full of sh*t like always?..lol Sorry for the lengthy comment. Peace brother..
Adam Bernard said…
Ari's "partner" is definitely pulling a snake move. He let Ari do all the legwork of making Vince a star and now that he sees Vince has some real earning power he wants him for himself. Judging by how loyal Vince is to his friends, however, I don't see him turning his back on Ari, it just doesn't seem like it would be in his character to do something like that.

Popular Posts