Seeking A New Reality

Sometimes I really wish there was a viable option to this world. When I signed on to AOL a few minutes ago the headline was, of course, about today’s attacks on London. It’s looking like this could end up their version of 9/11. A lot of people point out that a lot more people lost their lives in 9/11 but the total loss of life isn’t my comparison point, it’s simply the loss of life due to a terrorist attack that will, no doubt, change the way things are done in that country. Though I don’t want to say it, events like these make me wonder why I’m even trying. I just put a quote from Gandhi on my fridge the other day that says "we must become the change we wish to see in the world." I have to ask, though, can one person really make a change at this point? I guess I have to just keep on doing what I’m doing and maintain hope that tomorrow will be better.

On a happier note, I got another sponsor for The Cut and it’s a big one; LIFEbeat. According to the LIFEbeat site:

LIFEbeat is dedicated to reaching America's youth with the message of HIV/AIDS prevention. LIFEbeat mobilizes the talents and resources of the music industry to raise awareness and to provide support to the AIDS community.

For The Cut they’re going to be sending a package over full of information packets and free condoms. Things are looking very good in the giveaway department as we not only will have the LIFEbeat stuff but Elemental Magazine’s promotional stuff arrived the other day and it includes 50 magazines and 70 CD’s for us to give away. It’s looking like this is going to be one heck of a concert series. We already have artists clamoring to be on the September and October lineups.

Since I don’t have much else to write about I’ll pass along another story from last Friday night at Viva’s. If you read my last post you already know on Friday night I was dragged to Viva’s (I really wanted to stay in and finish the book I was reading) and I ended up having to essentially babysit some overly drunk friends. We all know nobody has any chance of picking up a woman with a drunk person by their side because the strangest things seems to come out of a drunkard's mouth. (one girl asked one the heavy drinkers their name and he replied "I'm driving." My quick answer to that was "no you're not.") I was very nice with everyone, though. We were talking with two girls who were very attractive and at one point one girl's leg started shaking a bit. My drunk friend noticed and made a comment to which the girl replied "oh it's just nervous energy." I turned to my friend and said, in a voice loud enough for the girls to hear, "actually, not to blow up our own spot, but that's her leg telling her she wants to get up and go and the fact that her feet are pointed toward the door is also a really bad sign for us because it's another indicator that she wants to leave. If she wanted us her feet would be pointed towards us." The girls looked at me like I was some sort of clairvoyant genius (knowing a thing or two about body language is damn nice. Thank you Date Patrol!). They also looked at me like "whoah, if it wasn't for that drunk person next to him we'd want to stick around." It felt great!

Comments

Popular Posts