Sanity Requiem

I spent the majority of this week going out of my mind interviewing and typing up stories. Six interviews in four days. The week started with me thinking I only had one interview. The interview I had scheduled was for Thursday with Ohio rap duo 275. After a hectic February I told myself was going to try to make an effort to try to chill out a bit and give my brain some time to rest, hence just the lone interview. Well, my brain had Monday to rest as on Tuesday RIME hit me up to do a few quick write-ups for their "Favorite Albums" section for the issue they’re closing this week. I was actually thrilled with that because sanity is optional, paying my bills isn’t. While scheduling, and doing, those interviews (Sway & Tech, Devin The Dude, Lil’ Eazy-E) I had two more interviews come up for today (Omarion, Z-Trip), bringing my grand total to six.

I’m absolutely lovin all the work that I’m getting, though I’m taking the weekend off and I’m going to avoid my computer at all costs. In fact, I’ve already filled my Saturday with errands to run. I don’t normally do much on the weekends so this will be me seeing humanity in a place other than the gym. I’ve also started a new book. My Amazon order arrived the other day and last night I cracked open book one from the shipment, a collection of Edgar Allan Poe’s short stories. Some people think I’m a little nuts for reading Poe late at night before I go to bed, and you know what, there’s a good chance those people may be right.

Speaking of things on the wrong side of sane, I was driving to karate on Thursday and nearly hit a turkey, yes a turkey! There was a group of wild turkeys roaming around outside of Fairfield U and they were not small. These turkeys looked like they were the bad kids skipping class and they should have all been smoking cigarettes. I nearly swerved off the road when I saw them. Make no mistake, those turkeys were scary!

In MMA news it was good to see Bobby Southworth get booted off The Ultimate Fighter on Monday. He was really annoying with his "Flawless Victory" chanting and was the real instigator of the Chris Leban house trashing. Normally I’d say that if you’re in your 30’s you should probably go by an adult name, but Bobby is definitely a Bobby because he’s still got a lot of growing up to do.

Personally, my workouts have been getting better and better. I started two new bicep exercises this week and they’re absolute killers. The new leg routine is also already showing signs of working. For the first time forever I can’t wait to shop for clothes just to see how things fit! OK, so I also can’t wait to shop for clothes because my dark blue jeans have, ahem, air conditioning due to a nice hole by the guavas. I had plans to go out to see a singer perform at a local coffee shop on Saturday but canceled them after having such a hectic week. Running my errands will be enough for me.

I’ve been pretty tired recently, but that’s to be expected with all the work I’ve been doing. One day this week I even took a nap in my guest room. Part of me still toys with turning that room into an office but having it the way it is provides a nice place to get away from everything. No TV, no stereo, no computer. There is a phone but I can always turn it off. There’s something to be said for a room where you can just focus on your self and ease your mind without any outside distractions.

Final Thought: As most of you know, I’m a complete junkie for American Idol. With that in mind, once the field of contestants is down to 12 I will be creating my own odds for who I think will win. Look for my predictions in the coming weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts