It's 9:30, but is it AM or PM?

It’s so dark outside today that when my alarm went off at 9:30AM it looked the same outside as it did when I went to sleep at 3AM. I honestly thought I was either in a dream or that my alarm clock had malfunctioned. When it’s gray and wet outside it’s hard to get motivated to do much of anything, but I have way too many things to do today that can’t be ignored (so why are you blogging then, Adam? I don’t know, cuz I’m a tool).

Last night’s In Da Mixx was amazing, Contraband drove in all the way from The Bronx. This was the second time we’ve had them on the show and they’re officially on the list of our favorite artists to work with. Complete professionals on every level, these guys left no doubt in anyone’s mind that they have what it takes to take their careers to the next level. They’ve already had a video on BET and their new album, "Run and Hide," is straight fiya! Normally when I feel people have let a group slip under their personal radar, or haven’t found a particular group in their search for great Hip-Hop, I say they’re sleepin, but in the case of Contraband if you haven’t heard of them yet you may have literally been sleeping. The group’s first video, "Wiggle It," was on BET Uncut for over a year, but Uncut is on at 3AM. Set your alarm clocks, these cats are worth wakin up for!

Though the weather today wasn’t worth waking up for I still have to hit the gym and head on over to the photo place to drop off a roll of film. That very roll of film is a prime example of why I’m going to try to head out tomorrow and get myself a digital camera. My grandfather said I could pick one out for my birthday, which was in mid-October, but I loathe shopping, even when it isn’t my money. So what does any of that have to do with the roll of film? Well, the roll I’m dropping off has pictures from concerts and radio shows from the past three months!!! With a digital camera at least I’d be able to get the pics onto various websites instantaneously. Instant gratification... is it really too much to ask for? LOL!

In strange but true news one of my homegirls from college is going to be in town in a few weeks. Why is this strange? OK, it really isn’t in the grand scheme of things, but I’ve known this girl for a while now and I honestly never expected her to visit east again. When she commented to me the other day that she’d be here in a few weeks I was genuinely shocked. I hope I get to see her, but as with everything in life, especially women, I’m expecting nothing. If I get to see her it’ll be great, if not, well, I wasn’t expecting anything so no need to break out the Zoloft.

Final Thought - The Starbucks in Fairfield needs more seating. I went there with a friend of mine of Friday and we had to stand like vultures waiting for a seat and when none opened up we had to leave like some kind of Starbucks outcasts. Whassup wit dat!?!? Southernplyalisticaddilacmuzik indeed!

Comments

Lisa said…
so what's In Da Mixx,a radio station?I get lazy when the weather is nasty too.
Adam Bernard said…
In Da Mixx is a weekly radio show I co-host with DJ Cue every Tuesday on 88.5FM in Fairfield. We're also streaming on the web at wvof.org. If you'd like more info feel free to hit up our website: In Da Mixx

Popular Posts