Figuring Out What's Worth The Hassle

Here’s a sign that you’re freelancing. In a two hour time span you go from talking to an artist about what it’s like being a Muslim in America in 2004 to asking an artist if they like road head. Oh yeah, the life of a freelancer. In all realness freelancing sucks. It’s a ton of work for very little pay, but I just love writing so much I’m willing to stomach the hassle.

Speaking of hassles I may chill on the whole dating thing for a while. The last few women I’ve tried to date have either been crazy, or real shady and basically full of shit when it comes right down to it. Don’t lie to my face then say you’re the most honest person you know. If that’s true you know a lotta crooks and thieves. I’m tired of it all. I was at the mall the other day and I saw a girl on her cell phone talking to someone. I couldn’t tell if she was talking with a guy or a girl but the tone of her voice, and the way she was smiling when she was talking, disgusted me. She was obviously playing a game with someone and enjoying it quite a lot. Life would be so much easier if there was a set time when people simply grew up.

While the girl on the phone was one thing I saw at the mall, the real reason I was there to pick up some supplies at GNC. Normally when you go to check out at GNC the person asks you if that’ll be all, or tries to suggest another supplement that would go well with that you’re purchasing. In my case, I put so much stuff on the counter the dude just rung it up. LOL! That’s when you know you’re spending too much money at GNC!

On a slightly more serious note, Comedy Central has canceled my favorite show, Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn. If you, like me, appreciated the slick wit of this program please hit up SaveToughCrowd.com and send Comedy Central a letter. It really irritates me to think that the network can spend all that money promoting all their other shows but relied on a quick "stayed tuned for Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn" from Jon Stewart to try to draw viewers to TC. For those who missed the final episode, the way Colin ended it was beautiful and slightly gut wrenching. Very very Irish. I loved it.

Final Thought: I just finished Serpico the other day and I now trust cops even less (if that’s even possible).

Comments

Popular Posts