Music Really Does Soothe The Soul

I thought Friday night was a step in the right direction with the ladies. I thought I was involved, nice, but not too nice, funny and lookin good, and I may well have been all of those things, but makeup isn’t the only thing covering up the truth when it comes to girls, especially girls in the club. Here are some quick words of wisdom for all ladies, from me. First off, if you’re involved with another man, especially another man who’s at the bar, it’s not a good idea to grope someone else. Sure, it may be a plea for attention from your man, but in our minds is us thinking "hey, things are lookin good with this one!" Second, if you’re taken, letting another man buy you a drink is straight up wrong. Most men will ask what you’re drinking, or what you want to drink, if you’re taken the correct answers are "I’m fine, no thank you," "nothing for me, I’m driving," or "that’s really sweet but I’m involved." I think it’s odd that a sex that gets angry when their boyfriend wears a shirt that was given to him by another woman can so readily accept gifts from another man. It’s a two way street, hon.

It may seem stupid, or even petty, but ever since finding out all three of the girls that were diggin me the other night are taken I’ve been really ticked off. Flirting is one thing, but if you’re really taken don’t waste my time. I think that may be my main issue with everything, the time wasted factor. Why should I be wasting my time and energy talking with someone who I have no chance with when there are plenty of other girls in the club? Is it a jealousy thing? Do you feel that being with someone makes you "better?" Do you not want to see other members of your sex with someone? Is that it, because I have no clue why anyone would do that sort of thing. All it does is temporarily boost your ego while later tearing another person’s down.

Thinking about all that was giving me a tremendous headache. Thankfully my spirits were lifted and all of that was pushed to the side for a few hours when Kameko came through to In Da Mixx last night. His five octave voice is amazing and his live performance was off the hook. I can’t remember a time where my disposition changed so quickly. Everyone who was walking by and heard it wanted to know what was going on.

When I got home I gave one of my boys a call to let him know I was less depressed than I was earlier in the day. He told me he may be setting me up on a date with a great woman. I’m always all for this, except his concept of logistics is a little on the crazy side (no fault of his own, everyone who doesn’t own a car doesn’t seem to get how far things can be if you’re driving). The show in question is in New Brunswick, NJ. Not knowing what part of Jersey that’s in I looked it up. Turns out it’s nearly 100 miles away! I could go to Hofstra and be over halfway back in that many miles. I could be 2/3 of the way to Boston in that many miles. Friggin nuts, but it’s the thought that counts.

Tonight I have another work event to hit up and I’m at the start of a span of three artist interviews in three days. I’m really not into doing the interviews quite as much as I used to be so I’m trying to find ways to spice things up a bit. I’m going to be asking some nontraditional questions, things of that nature. Friday is my birthday, and once again I’m workin on it. It’s kinda cool, though, because I’m scheduled to speak with Wyclef, who I’ve wanted to talk with for forever.

With all the going on, plus some other stuff, my moods have been changing rapidly and I’m probably not very fun to hang out with right now. That being said I’m still going to try to find something fun to do on Friday night and you know I’m going to try my damnedest to make it to Hofstra Homecoming on Saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts