WWRD: What Would R. Do?

Here's a situation I'm sure nobody else has been in. Today the people below me to the right hand side needed to get some massive work done on their shower, this meant the plumber had to turn off the water to my corner of the building. I still had water in the kitchen, but none in the bathroom, the same went for my neighbor, who was lucky enough to have somewhere to go during the day. From about 10:30AM on I couldn't use the bathroom for anything and by 2PM my bladder was telling me I needed to handle my biz. I searched around for something to pee in and found a nice, empty, 64 oz. bottle that used to be filled with Diet V8 Splash. The opening was big enough to aim at without making a mess so I took it in the bathroom and went for it. I don't know what was more disturbing, the fact that I did this, the fact that I'm writing about it, or the fact that I filled almost 1/3 of the bottle! At this point I had a quandary, though, what to do with the bottle? The environmentalist in me said I should empty it and recycle it, but where the heck could I empty it without having the smell be noticeable? I decided that place didn't exist so I went outside to throw it in the dumpster. At this point I ran into the plumber and asked him how much longer his work would take. So I'm standing outside of my building, in the rain, holding a bottle of my own urine, talking with the plumber. Truly one of the highlights of my life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Adam, bright idea. How about peeing in the toilet and not flushing until the water came back on?

-Jenn
Adam Bernard said…
I thought about that, but I live in essentially a three room condo, so if I had just not flushed I would have had the lovely aroma of urine wafting through the place. Something tells me there's a reason Glade hasn't felt the need to create a plug in with that scent yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Popular Posts