Finally, A Quiet Weekend

Yesterday I tackled some more of the pile of CD's and DVD's I had to get through. I started off with Interscope's "Life in a Day" DVD, which came with this month's issue of XXL. "Life in a Day" featured short segments on seven rappers. None of the segments were too long, which I enjoyed, and most of them were interesting. The Game's segment was my favorite. I would like to point out, however, that seven rappers each had a day of theirs documented and none of them spent any time in the studio. C'mon guys, we know you have to work sometime. Later in the day I watched DJ Shadow's "In Tune and On Time" DVD. Great stuff for anyone into DJ culture. My favorite part was "Pushin Buttons" which features Shadow, DJ Numark and Cut Chemist going bananas on three drum machines at the same time.

Speaking of going bananas, on Thursday I was in the city to interview Nina Sky (dang those are two hot 18 year old girls, where were they when I was 18!?), then I hit up the Mets game with an old friend. The only problem was, I hit double the normal traffic going to Shea Stadium and ended up showing up in the second inning. I got there in time to see two batters hit and the grounds crew bring out the tarp for a rain delay that lasted well over an hour. I did get to see some friends, though, so it was all good.

I started a new book last night, Power vs. Force, by Dr. David R. Hawkins. Twenty five pages in I'm still not exactly sure what it's about, but as soon as I figure it out I'll let you know. It does make me happy to say I'm reading even more this year than I was last year, which was one of my goals. Of course, this goal was made a lot easier by television being so crappy right now and not having enough money to go out regularly.

Monday I have an interview with Young Buck scheduled, but after that I'm going to try to take the rest of the month off when it comes to interviewing people. I'll have FIVE waiting to go up, and it's pointless to interview someone and have to say "it'll go up on the site in a month."

Well, I'm off to get a Father's Day card and spend some time with my pops. Happy Father's Day to all the real dads out there who are taking care of their kids and not running away from their responsibilities. Do ya thang!

Comments

Popular Posts