The week that was

This week has been work-heavy with interviews with Truth Hurts, Del and Jadakiss, but I've still found some time for me, as well. I'm almost done with Tracey Cox's book Superflirt which is a great read and explains not only what body language means, but also some of the concepts behind it. I was very proud of myself the other day when I noticed a woman giving me an eyebrow flash at the gym. Because of that flash I knew she was interested. I also used some of the techniques at Old Navy yesterday on the cute checkout girl. I didn't believe in body language before, but I'm a convert now. This stuff REALLY works!

On the topic of Old Navy, I picked up three new T-shirts yesterday, size small. Yes, size small. A friend of mine spoke up a few weeks ago and told me that all my working out has paid off, but I'm still wearing clothes that are a size large, which means nobody can see all the hard work I've put into my body. After trying on the shirts I gotta say, dude knows what he's talking about.

Yesterday I also went to karate class again for the first time in ages. Do you know how strange it is being a black belt that has a hard time remembering some of the stuff??? They went easy on me since it was my first day back. I actually remembered a lot more than I thought I would. It's amazing how much info the human brain, and reflexes, can hold. I'm going to make a real effort to try to get back to karate more often, I enjoy the workout. Combine that with going to the gym three days a week and I'm going to be even more defined pretty soon.

I received my copy of The Streets' new album in the mail the other day and I have to say I was kind of shocked listening to it. I absolutely loved "Original Pirate Material," but his new album, "A Grand Don't Come For Free" is completely different. "Original Pirate Material" was a striking portrait of street life in the UK, "A Grand Don't Come For Free" is essentially a story about relationships told over the course of a couple of days in the life of The Streets. It's still good, but it's definitely going to take a couple listens for me to take it all in. Expect to hear parts of some tracks on In Da Mixx next week.

In other Hip-Hop related news, one of my favorite rappers, T.I., just got sent up for three years. I had the pleasure of doing an in-person interview with T.I. last year and found him to be a smart, engaging individual. He violated his probation (again), though, and will now be spending a minimum of one year (max three) in jail. It sucks cuz he's one of the top MC's in the game right now and with the exception of some legal infractions, from what I can tell he's a pretty good guy. Keep ya head up, bro! Shit like this pisses me off, so onto something happier.

Last, but certainly not least, this weekend a handful of my friends are coming up to CT to celebrate my boy Matt's birthday. Technically his birthday was last week, but he had to work, so we're gonna chill out this weekend. And when I say chill out I really do mean chill out. I think, at least for Matt and I, we've kind of outgrown the wild and crazy party stuff we used to partake in. I know personally I'd much rather know what's going on during the night rather than wake up wondering what I did. Look at me, I'm growing up.

Comments

Popular Posts