Livin for work and workin to live

I've been workin my ass off this week. I was even on a PEAK train Monday morning to head into the city for my Dead Prez interview. The interview was very interesting. I was the only white person there to speak with them and being the only white person chillin with M-1 and Stic.man is a little strange. These are cats who talk about reparations in their music and I wasn't sure what kind of reception I was going to get. They seemed to feel that since I was there to speak with them I wasn't your normal, run of the mill, white dude (which I'm not), but when I straight up asked them their feelings on white people the answer I got left me a bit confused. Stic.man was telling me how much he dislikes hate and never wants to be a part of it, but then went off on a rant that, by all accounts, was about his dislike of white people. Very strange. Anyways, that interview will be up on ReactMag.com next week. Last night I put up my article on label realignment. I feel this is one of my best articles yet, and is a must read for anyone who wants to find out more about what all of the recent mergers mean.

In other news, this upcoming Tuesday marks the start of Act A Fool April on In Da Mixx. The person who does the craziest stunt during each show in April will win a prize pack valued at over $200. I'm really hoping for some Howard Stern type of antics. It's all about having fun and getting great ratings.

Last, but not least, I'm thinkin this weekend may be the weekend I rearrange my apartment and finally create my home office. I keep saying I'm going to do it, and I keep wanting to do it. I know I have to make myself less comfortable with my current situation. I think one of the reasons I'm in a bit of a rut is that I hit a comfort zone. Once I get out of that comfort zone I should be more motivated. It sounds silly coming from me, this week alone I interviewed Dead Prez, Eamon and Curtains, but I really feel like I'm in a rut, like this is what I do and it's ALL I do. I need to step up my game EVEN FURTHER and make these magazines recognize they need me. OK, that's enough motivational speaking for now.

Comments

Popular Posts