About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $250-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Artist Advice e-book

Muscle For Your Hustle What Every DIY Musician Needs to Know (2011)

A collection of 22 of my best artist advice articles

Pick it up for just $1

Photo Ops

w/ Beautiful Bodies ('15)

w/ Michael Imperioli ('14)

w/ Millionaires ('12)

w/ Adam Duritz, iLLspoKinN & Notar ('10)

w/ Kevin Pereira on the old set of
Attack of the Show ('09)

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
Friday, April 02, 2004
Livin for work and workin to live

I've been workin my ass off this week. I was even on a PEAK train Monday morning to head into the city for my Dead Prez interview. The interview was very interesting. I was the only white person there to speak with them and being the only white person chillin with M-1 and Stic.man is a little strange. These are cats who talk about reparations in their music and I wasn't sure what kind of reception I was going to get. They seemed to feel that since I was there to speak with them I wasn't your normal, run of the mill, white dude (which I'm not), but when I straight up asked them their feelings on white people the answer I got left me a bit confused. Stic.man was telling me how much he dislikes hate and never wants to be a part of it, but then went off on a rant that, by all accounts, was about his dislike of white people. Very strange. Anyways, that interview will be up on ReactMag.com next week. Last night I put up my article on label realignment. I feel this is one of my best articles yet, and is a must read for anyone who wants to find out more about what all of the recent mergers mean.

In other news, this upcoming Tuesday marks the start of Act A Fool April on In Da Mixx. The person who does the craziest stunt during each show in April will win a prize pack valued at over $200. I'm really hoping for some Howard Stern type of antics. It's all about having fun and getting great ratings.

Last, but not least, I'm thinkin this weekend may be the weekend I rearrange my apartment and finally create my home office. I keep saying I'm going to do it, and I keep wanting to do it. I know I have to make myself less comfortable with my current situation. I think one of the reasons I'm in a bit of a rut is that I hit a comfort zone. Once I get out of that comfort zone I should be more motivated. It sounds silly coming from me, this week alone I interviewed Dead Prez, Eamon and Curtains, but I really feel like I'm in a rut, like this is what I do and it's ALL I do. I need to step up my game EVEN FURTHER and make these magazines recognize they need me. OK, that's enough motivational speaking for now.
posted by Adam Bernard @ 7:05 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Email List

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them

Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout

What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Latest Podcast

The Drunk Train #9
feat. Lucy Camp
& Toussaint Morrison
Stand-Up Comedy

My set from Soce's
First-Timer's Show (April '14)
B-Lister Nation
B-Listers are a select group of artists that were featured in my Artist Of The Week series that ran every Monday from April of '06 to April of '11. All of these artists have two things in common; extreme talent, and a flight path far too under the radar for my liking. They took on the title of B-Listers as they embraced being featured by me, Adam B. Check out the AOTW Archives for all the interviews.

Friends of Adam’s World
60 Second Review
Adam John | Kid Kryptic
Always Home and Uncool
Backpack Cat
Claudia Alick
Definitely Amazing
Gangstarr Girl
Fly Like Dove
Halo Doesn’t Suck
I Are Conscious
Jesse Abraham
Joey K’s Place
Jus Rhyme
Ken Morico
Life of a Rockstar
MC Larny Rocks
Nappy Diatribe
Nobody Beats The Liz
Paul Gargano
Pay Us No Mind
Popular Opinions
Ramblings of the BK GrrlGenius
Sleep Dirt
Speech Is My Hammer
Stamford Talk
The 54 Reality Show
The BillaBlog
The Race to Nowhere
xo Publicity

Member Of


Wikio - Top Blogs - Music

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

    Older Posts                 Newer Posts