Brown Gravy!!!

This weekend I had some friends up to celebrate the birthday of a friend and man oh man did we have fun. There's nothing, I mean absolutely nothin, like getting together with friends, tellin inside jokes, and creating a few more. I was even crazy enough to do a little karaoke at the bar. My rendition of Eminem's "Superman" (in a mostly white, mostly over 35 bar) will be something kids talk about for generations to come. I actually sounded just like Em!!!

In other news, it's about the time again, time for Adam to seriously question his career path. If you're a frequent reader you've probably noticed very couple of months or so I start to wonder if I'm doing the right things with my life. It's a reassessment I almost always do nothing about. I just see where I've been, where I think I'm going, and what I can do about it all. I checked out the graduate programs at all the local universities, but let's face it, not much is very inspiring. The only job I might potentially be inspired by is teaching. I could see myself in front of a class waxing poetic about English and the importance of language. I'm sick of not having money, but I refuse to take a job with no meaning, hence me being in quite the bind. I think me being a teacher would kinda end up like The Steve Harvey Show, LOL, but hey, who says that's a bad thing? I loved that show! (and just give me a Principal Grier, I'm SAYIN!)

This week is lookin pretty light in terms of work. I have to write up the three interviews I did last week, but I have nothing else scheduled as of yet. Next week, however, I get to take my car in to get serviced (not nearly as erotic as it sounds). Whoo Hoo!!! It's been a while, nine months to be exact, and with a '92 it's better to be safe than stuck on the side of the road. It'll also be nice to finally get my speakers fixed. Right now the stereo randomly decides which speaker, or speakers, it wants to play music out of, often alternating during a song. I'm absolutely sure it's just a loose wire, but I'm not about to open it all up because I'm no expert.... and if I messed it up I'd be really pissed cuz I'd have to drive around with no tunes!

Comments

Popular Posts